MitzaSQL is a free Python3 TUI MySQL client for Linux which aims to provide an easy-to-use console alternative to GUI clients. It is not meant to be a full-fledged GUI client, it only provides a read-only view of the database, though you can manipulate the data by using raw SQL queries. Some of the main features are:
- Manage multiple sessions
- View databases
- View list of tables, sql views & stored procedures in a database
- View rows in a table or sql view:
- Easily sort table data
- Filter table data using VIM-like commands (
- SQL Query editor with syntax highlighting, smart autocomplete and clipboard support (optional dependency needs to be installed)
- VIM style keyboard shortcuts
- VIM style commands with autocomplete support
- Macros support
Demo and screenshots are available here.
- Minimal dependencies
- Ease of use
- No mouse support
Best served with
Windows & MacOS ports
MitzaSQL on Windows/MacOS build a Docker image and run it inside a container. Use the project’s Dockerfile as a starting point. An official Docker image is coming soon.
- Support SSL connections
- Official Docker image
See the github project page, section Performance and known issues.
See the github project page, section Security.
Please report any bugs here: https://github.com/vladbalmos/mitzasql/issues.